Sigma Match is seeking a Senior Security Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX. This is a Direct Hire position with the client. The Senior Security Systems Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of technical systems and controls necessary to safeguard client information and assets. The Senior Security Systems Engineer must work directly with other IT staff for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of proprietary, personal, and privileged data.
- Develop and communicate strategy related to security tools and capabilities
- Draft, implement, and maintain enterprise security technical controls and related infrastructure systems for the client’s enterprise
- Design, develop and implement security-related systems and/or technologies.
- Partner with information technology teams in the design and implementation of systems, applications, processes, and/or other related technologies to adhere to security and compliance best practices, regulations, laws, and/or company programs, procedures, policies and guidelines
- Function as the security technical SME for security related incidents; Perform forensic analysis of security incidents
- Assess and respond to known and new security threats
- Support other IT organizations in the diagnosis of potential security incidents
- Manage Security Information & Event Management systems to include logic and automation functions
- Coordinate maintenance of security-related systems (Anti-malware, Intrusion Prevention, Logging, Anti-spam, etc.)
- Develop software and/or configure system automation framework tools to automate repetitive tasks
- Function as SME for IPS, DLP, WSG, and other security systems and services.
- Apply modern security technologies to the design and integration of enterprise application infrastructures
- Manage vulnerability and penetration testing services and vulnerability assessments. Implement and assist with gap remediation.
- Support internal, customer, and independent audits, as necessary
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends in security and compliance
- Conduct internal and external research to gather data and accomplish objectives
- Five (5) or more years of experience with a concentration in IT security
- Experience in Windows and/or Unix/Linux environments
- Ability to translate customer requirements into advanced technical solutions
- Expert knowledge in the design and implementation of advanced security solutions
- Experience working with packet capture technologies and performing packet analysis
- Experience with user and system authentication methodologies, SSO, data-authentication methods, and authorization options (role-based authorization using Active Directory attributes) required
- Experience with free and commercial system monitoring and security tools/protocols
- Experience with database and reporting tools
- Experience applying security technology and techniques to satisfy HIPAA and PCI requirements
- Professional Security certification preferred (e.g., CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH)
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn about this and other current career opportunities.
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).