The Veritas Support Engineer (VSE) is responsible for solving complex problems in customer environments. To accomplish this, VSEs apply knowledge of relevant technologies, review customer data, develop and test solutions, document these solutions, and propose methods to remediate issues.
This position involves working with enterprise archiving and storage management products from Veritas. Veritas support engineers leverage their experience with Veritas solutions to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, and apply their expertise with complex environments including backup and recovery, storage management and high availability products. Veritas support engineers must comprehend, create, and use complex technical documentation while working individually and in a team environment.
- VSEs must be able to respond and communicate effectively on support phone calls, and provide after-hours on-call support, during which time the VSE must be able to maintain a response time of thirty (30) minutes maximum.
- Exceptional call-handling ability to understand issues, diagnose error conditions, troubleshoot effectively, communicate status, and escalate as needed according to the service level agreement with our customers.
- Proactively communicate with the sales team and engineering organization regarding key issues affecting customer accounts.
- Help facilitate an open, constantly improving support center environment by providing appropriate constructive suggestions to team members to improve our support process.
- Ability to integrate new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Interact with vendors and internal teams to resolve issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup and Storage Foundation/Infoscale products
- Knowledge of NetBackup appliances
- Knowledge of the following operating systems: Unix, Solaris, BSD, HPUX, AIX, Linux, Windows Server
- Knowledge of tape libraries and deduplication devices (NBU OST)
- Knowledge of FCP, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, NAS and SAN
- Knowledge of software technologies including: LDAP, Active Directory, NIS, NDMP, SMTP, SNMP, SQL, Oracle, Exchange etc.
- Knowledge of machine virtualization platforms (VMware, Citrix, MS Hypervisor)
- Veritas Technical Specialist (VTS) for NetBackup
- Veritas Technical Specialist (VTS) for Storage Foundation/Infoscale
- EMC Networker
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn about this and other current career opportunities.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.