Storage Support Engineer
The Storage Support Engineer (SSE) is responsible for solving complex problems in customer storage environments. To accomplish this, SSE’s apply knowledge of relevant technologies, review customer data, develop and test solutions, document these solutions, and propose methods to remediate issues.
This position involves working with enterprise storage products from NetApp and EMC. Storage support engineers leverage their experience with NetApp and EMC storage solutions to resolve customer issues, and apply their expertise with complex storage environments including backup and recovery techniques, data replication, performance profiles, and troubleshooting various hardware and software problems. Storage support engineers must comprehend, create, and use complex technical documentation while working individually and in a team environment.
- Exceptional call-handling ability to understand issues, diagnose error conditions, troubleshoot effectively, communicate status, and escalate as needed according to the service level agreement with our customers
- SSE’s must be able to respond and communicate effectively on support phone calls, and provide after-hours on-call support, during which time the SSE must be able to maintain a response time of thirty (30) minutes maximum.
- Proactively communicate with the sales team and engineering organization regarding key issues affecting customer accounts.
- Help facilitate an open, constantly improving support center environment by providing appropriate constructive suggestions to team members to improve our support process
- Ability to integrate new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Interact with vendors and internal teams to resolve issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting storage platforms from EMC and NetApp
- Knowledge of the following operating systems: Unix, Solaris, BSD, HPUX, AIX, Linux, Windows Server
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, FCP, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FTP, telnet, and routing/switching protocols in both NAS and SAN environments
- Knowledge of software technologies including: LDAP, Active Directory, NIS, NDMP, Kerberos, SMTP, SNMP, SQL, Oracle, Exchange etc.
- Knowledge of machine virtualization platforms (VMware, Citrix, MS Hypervisor)
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA)
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE)
- EMC VNX
- EMC Avamar
- EMC Data Domain
- EMC RecoverPoint
- EMC VMAX
- EMC Connectrix
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this and other current career opportunities.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.