Sigma Match is seeking a Senior Storage Engineer in Houston, Texas, to support our client’s growing technology infrastructure. Experienced individuals seeking an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest hardware and software solutions will find this a challenging and rewarding role.
- Drives all phases of storage engineering, including architecture, design, implementation, management and monitoring for our enterprise storage infrastructure in a complex, high-performance trading environment
- Manage storage infrastructure through application of deep technical expertise of storage systems, storage administration and networking
- Analyze, design, test, document and implement storage solutions
- Apply knowledge of storage technologies to drive performance improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation for all aspects of the storage infrastructure
- Be a leading expert on storage technology and mentor colleagues on storage solutions
- Research new technologies and architect enterprise storage, data replication, and data recovery solutions
- Maintain certifications and expertise by attending conferences, trade shows, and technology training
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years hands-on experience with key storage technologies
- Expert level knowledge and strong experience with EMC VNX and associated technologies and applications; Data Domain, Replication Manager
- Deep level knowledge and strong experience with NetApp FAS and associated technologies and applications; NetApp clustered Data OnTap, SnapManager, SnapMirror, Snapshot
- Expert level knowledge of application-layer network and distributed file system protocols; CIFS/SMB, NFS
- Strong knowledge of enterprise data protection, backup and recovery solutions
- Experience configuring and managing Brocade and Cisco MDS fabric switches
- Ability to take ownership and resolve highly complex issues spanning a heterogeneous environment
- Proficient with Linux and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A relevant Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization technologies
- Recognized storage industry certifications, such as those provided by EMC, NetApp and others, are strongly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating system internals
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn about this and other current career opportunities.
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).