Sigma Match is seeking a Senior HPC Engineer in Houston, Texas, to support our clients growing technology infrastructure. Experienced individuals seeking an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest hardware and software solutions will find this a challenging and rewarding role.
- Assist in the design, implementation, management and support of enterprise HPC cluster solutions in a highly complex, high-performance, low-latency environment
- Collaborate with end users to determine HPC requirements, architect solutions, and drive improvements
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of HPC cluster and file system related issues
- Monitor HPC cluster and file system performance and utilization
- Apply knowledge of HPC technologies to drive performance improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation for all aspects of the HPC infrastructure
- Be a leading expert on high-performance computing and storage technology and mentor colleagues
- Maintain certifications and expertise by attending conferences, trade shows, and technology training
- Apply scripting & programming skills to automate system related functions
- Research, test and recommend cutting edge technologies, services, protocols, and standards
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years hands-on experience with Windows-based HPC cluster architecture, deployment and operations of high-performance computing and storage technologies
- Extensive experience and expert level knowledge with HPC technologies including GPFS file system, high-speed networking, cluster schedulers such as SLURM and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and SaltStack
- Extensive experience with Linux operating systems
- High proficiency experience programming and scripting in an HPC environment using Bash, C, Perl or Python
- Experience supporting end users in a scientific research environment
- Experience with high-performance storage solutions, DDN preferred
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A relevant bachelor’s and/or master’s degree will generally be required
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating system internals
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization technologies
- Recognized storage industry certifications, such as those provided by Red Hat (RHCE/RHCA), and others, are strongly desirable.
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn about this and other current career opportunities.
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).