Sigma Match is seeking a Senior DBA in San Antonio, TX. This is a Direct Hire position with the client. This person will work on re-engineering the client’s data center.
- Oversight of development and organization of MS SQL servers, databases, schemas, roles, and users
- Perform assessment and implementation of new technologies, including migration of older systems and examination
- Implementation of security patches, updates, and service packs
- Development of methodology for ongoing assessment of performance, capacity planning, security, disaster recovery, and high availability
- Dissemination of security information to the auditing department
- Identification and resolution of access, risk, security, and throughput issues
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- 6+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience, understanding of relational database environments, administration of databases.
- Must be knowledgeable of TSQL code, backup and recovery methodologies, execution plans.
- Must be self-motivated with keen attention to detail and have strong analytical ability, judgment, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively to non-technical business units, systems, networking, and programming department.
- Information and Reporting Services experience
- VMWare experience
- Idera SQL Server tools and Imperva Database Access Management (DAM) experience
- Database development skills
- Systems and networking experience
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn about this and other current career opportunities.
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).