Overlay Services Rep
As an Overlay Services Rep, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth within the dynamic Cloud/Managed Services practice. This tech savvy individual is responsible for driving revenue, account penetration and adoption of our Managed and Hosted Services portfolio in the Houston area. In addition, this role will be responsible for creating awareness of the services offerings internally and externally. This person will drive awareness of the Pivot Technology Services (PTS) portfolio of offerings to the sales teams and their customer base, as well as closing new customers and business opportunities within the region. This person will be provided leads from inbound marketing activities and outbound prospecting activities, in addition to the hardware sales reps.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to team with our partners to deliver Managed Services, hosted solutions and any other future services offerings to potential clients.
- Assist in coaching, developing and training hardware Account Executives (AEs) and Pre-Sales Engineers (PSEs) on managed and hosted services opportunity identification and positioning, and overall Pivot Technology Services portfolio of solutions.
- Partner with the AEs to incorporate the PTS solutions into the customer account plans and successfully executing on that plan
- Comfortable cold-calling potential clients within specific marketing campaigns
- Ability to work closely with PTS Services Solution Architect to create the appropriate solution for each client
- Comfortable with orchestrating customer workshops with appropriate PTS Services resources
- Ability to deliver training sessions with sales teams within your territory
- Continually develop and further qualify leads and manage them through the Managed and Cloud Services sales cycle. Specific focus on articulating a technology-specific business relevant solution, gathering and validating customer requirements and pain points, and partnering with the AE to effectively package, price, and present solution to customer, including ROI and value proposition. This will also include closing net new customers without an AE.
- Provide sales forecasting and visibility into sales activity by keeping a current pipeline using Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Monitor competitive activity by keeping abreast of the products, applications, services, market conditions, competitive activities, and promotional trends through selling Managed and Cloud Services within your region and researching pertinent literature
- Ensure orderly hand-off and account transition to Service Delivery for Managed and Cloud Services contracts
- Take a leadership role in identifying and suggesting areas of improvement within the PTS organization
- Work with Service Delivery and AEs to identify areas for growth within existing accounts
- Work with existing clients to ensure Managed and Cloud Services renewals are renewed on-time and any growth opportunities are maximized
- Be aware of other Services offerings like Professional Services and Support Services for lead generation and to maximize Services sales within your territory
Knowledge, Skill Requirements and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA desired
- 7+ years of sales experience aligning technology solutions to solve to specific customer business needs
- 2+ years consultative experience selling managed services, hosting or outsourcing solutions
- Experience and confidence working with a wide range of customer roles, including executives, technology managers, architects, and engineers.
- Experienced in consultative selling of IT solutions; adept at asking probing questions to identify prospects’ pain points and issues. Qualify prospects as well as redirect prospects rejection to other areas of potential pain or need to maximize opportunity within the account.
- Extensive Business Knowledge (e.g. IT cost/ benefit analysis, ROI calculation)
- Ability to travel within territory and to customer locations as needed.
- Solid understanding of Cloud, Hosting and Managed Services technologies and solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to present to small and large groups
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, as needed
- High personal drive; self-motivated
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment
- High Impact Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions
- Highly competent negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), WebEx and SalesForce.com
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this and other current career opportunities.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).