This person will be part of the engineering support team for our customers, interfacing with IT teams and customers to deliver operations, break/fix, and systems engineering support. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize incoming incidents, identify critical issues, engage our NOC or other support personnel, and resolve customer facing systems issues in the network tower.
As a Support Engineer, you will be an escalation point for our customers and our NOC and be accountable for providing remote technical assistance to Pivot clients and implementing technologies to meet customer’s operational requirements. This role will interface with the customer and support teams, own service requests, and escalate break/fix issues to resolution.
Support Engineer role is focused on:
- Perform issue diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting of data, wireless, and voice failures
- Proactively communicate with the sales team and engineering organization regarding key issues or issues affecting key accounts.
- Candidates will be required to provide tier 3 support in datacenter operations, which includes monitoring systems, building and provisioning systems, providing infrastructure support, and asset management
- Coordination on problem analysis and providing RCA.
- Plan, execute and report Availability, Performance & Capacity management
- Coordination with vendor / Service provider for problem resolution
- Change Impact analysis and Change coordination
- Meet reporting requirements and represent the tower in customer, project, program meeting and audits as required
- Manage, maintain & update the knowledge management database for the tower
- Coordinate with customer in creation of Standard Operating Procedures, Templates, or policies
- Conduct audits on incident ticket and service request and recommend improvements Provide support during critical network issues as well as managing a case load of lower critical issues
- Provide support during critical network issues as well as managing a case load of lower critical issues
- Monitor and manage the health of assigned customer organizations
- Respond to outage notifications and break/fix ticket requests
- Mentor Service Desk technicians in various core technologies and support methods
- Ensure service level compliance for all customers and service levels
- Engage customer and internal resources to avoid/proactively identify systems related issues
- Ability to get to an understanding of customer expectations and manage or set proper expectations all while keeping the customer experience top of mind
- Work cross functionally to contribute to customer success
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- 6 – 10 years of experience supporting any of various network technologies (R/S, Collaboration, Wireless, Data Center)
- Should have a very good understanding of ITIL process, preferably ITIL foundation certified
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good customer handling skills and experiencing working with remote customers and teams
- Plan and implement maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to data, voice, security and wireless infrastructures
- Experience working with Cisco tools and procedures
- Technical certification(s) of any kind (CCNA, NP, DA, MP, IE, SP, DP)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this and other current career opportunities.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Sigma does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).
Sigma Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sigma Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.